Are you proud of your site? Do you want more visitors? Are you an expert at your trade?
Chances are you answered 'yes' to these questions because you're awesome. How do we know? Eh, we tend to be big fans of small business owners.
There are so many reasons why all businesses should have a blog. We've narrowed down the top three benefits here.
1. Blogging bumps up your SEO.
With consistent blogging, you’re creating and delivering organic content to the internet. This is immensely valuable in the world of SEO because that’s exactly what the search engines want.
2. Blogging converts traffic into customers.
As your SEO bulks up, you’ll have more eyeballs on your site – and greater opportunities to convert leads into customers.
3. Blogging showcases your expertise.
Business owners know the ins and outs of their industry better than anyone else. Sharing that industry knowledge with your audience is something they'll both appreciate and remember the next time they’re looking for credible information – or someone to work with.
Blogging takes time, but when it's done right it can make a world of a difference for your business. Here are some tips to help you navigate the blogging world:
- Post consistently. Give your team realistic goals, whether it's posting once a month, twice a month or every week. Be sure you stick to your plan, but don't get discouraged if you miss a one or two.
- Blog about interesting topics. Need a topic? Think about common industry questions or conversations that you find yourself having with clients.
- Incorporate images. This is the perfect place to showcase high-res photos. You can feature your products or even success stories. Beautiful imagery captures attention and keeps your visitors engaged.